Learn with a German is a local language tuition service for learners of all ages and abilities. With 20 years’ experience in the English education system and 16 years of very successful teaching of German at GCSE and A or IBDP Level, I tutor students, adults, as well as commercial clients.
I also offer schools certain services and packages that might be of interest to you, as well as staff and students at your school.
- mid- to long-term supply, e.g. covering
maternity-/paternity- and sick-leave
- supply teaching prebooked or on an ‘on-call’ basis
- staff CPD, upskilling non-German specialists
(individuals and/or groups)
- conversational sessions with a native speaker
(individuals, pair or small groups)
- preparation of learners for assessments and
- conduct of GCSE, A Level and IBDP speaking
examinations and mock exams
- 'bridging days' or 'bridging courses' to get
students 'up to speed' before they start their
German GCSE or post-16 course in September
- private tuition for your students in or outside
school, focusing on ‘catch-up’ at KS3 and
especially addition support for KS4 and KS5
students in the run-up to their GCSE and A
Level (AQA, WJEC/eduqas, Pearson/Edexcel,
Cambridge International), as well as IBDP
German B (HL and SL) and German ab initio
- home tuition on behalf of the school - for
students who are unable to attend school, e.g.
due to illness or anxiety
- planning, running and accompanying
exchanges and/or visits and residentials
(previously run residentials in the UK and
abroad, the Three-Peak-Challenge, as well as
exchanges and visits to Germany, France, the
UAE and Thailand)
- academic and pastoral tutoring of
German/Austria/Swiss nationals who are
spending the year or part of the year in your
If your school has other or additional requirements, I would be very happy to explore how I could support your students and staff.
I have more recently undergone the following training:
- College of Policing - Channel General Awareness Module (19/03/2018)
- Devon Safeguarding Boards - Safeguarding Children and Young People – Group 2 core E-learning (20/03/2018).
I would be very grateful, if you could discuss the above with the relevant colleagues and, in due time, would like to visit your school to introduce myself in person, as well as to discuss the above in further detail.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Call me, Sönke Beyer, on 07751149854,
email email@example.com or
to arrange an initial consultation
Exeter to Plymouth and
Torbay to Dartmoor
as well as ONLINE - worldwide